These are the relevant events that we know of. They are not all organised by Disarm DSEi. Get in touch if there’s anything else we should list here.
For updates keep checking www.dsei.org, www.indymedia.org.uk or sign up for our twitter alerts.
13 September 2011
- Day of Action against DSEi. See call-out for details.
15 September 2011
- 17:00-19:00, Annual Defence Reception (a.k.a. arms dealers’ dinner), this year hiding inside the ExCeL centre. This £162-a-head event will be attended by “a wide range of Government and Military guests” as well as arms company execs and offers “unparalleled access and networking opportunities”. Keynote speaker: Secretary of State for War Liam Fox.
19th April 2011
- Come join the noise demo outside Counter Terror Expo on 19th April 2011 at 12:00 at Grand & National Hall, Olympia Hammersmith Road, W14 8UX [map]. Bring pots, pans; musical instruments even! And banners.
18-20 May 2010
- ITEC: “Defence Training and Simulation Conference and Exhibition”, at the ExCeL centre
14-15 April 2010
- Counter Terror Expo 2010. Exhibition of technologies of repression, for the military, police, governments and the private sector. Olympia National Hall. The organizers of the Expo were bought this year by Clarion, DSEi event organizers, and Disarm DSEi will oppose the event. See this article by Corporate Watch.
11th September 2009:
- ELAAF memorial procession. Meet at junction of Victoria Dock Road and Freemasons Road, 2pm.
10th September 2009:
- Action against the DSEi dinner, 6pm Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane
9th September 2009:
- Automonous actions around the arms fair.
8th September 2009:
- 8th September, 12 noon, mass protest against investors in the arms trade and DSEi in the City of London – Location to be announced 5th September.
- Critical Mass, 9am, Bank
- 8 September - End the DSEi arms fair, Close UKTI DSO. 12 noon at the Excel Centre, then 1pm at UK Trade & Investment. With The Campaign Against Arms Trade.
7th September 2009:
- UK Defence Conference, QE2 Centre, Parliament Square, from 8am.
- Fourth Plinth Flash Mob against the the arms fair. ”Never mind the art. Disarm the arms trade!” Meet 8:40am, St-Martin-in-the-Field church steps. Wear black and something you don’t mind getting dusty!
- At London Action Resource Centre, 62 Fieldgate Street E1:
- Lunch provided by Veggies Catering Campaign, probably around noon.
- 1.30 pm: Briefing on law, as it relates to protest and to action against DSEi
- 2.30 pm: introduction to trauma support
- 2.45pm – 5.30pm: Training on dealing with public order situations, including aspects of fitwatch
- 6pm: Disarm DSEi public meeting
- 7pm: Dinner, again provided by Veggies.
- East London Against the Arms Trade (ELAAF) silent candlelit vigil for the victims of the arms trade. 6:30pm at Royal Victoria DLR startion.
1st – 7th September 2009:
- Exhibitors travel to ExCeL to set up DSEi, around 1st-7th September 2009. See our call to stop them before they get there